Internet Safety Day
We had a fantastic day at Hare Street today learning all about staying safe online.
We had the '2 Johns' from https://www.esafetytraining.org/ come in to deliver valuable information to our Key Stage 2 pupils and parents.
The children were very engaged throughout the day and produced some amazing work to showcase their understanding of keeping safe online.
Year 5 wrote an especially poignant letter to parents which is below.
- Do not react angrily- we sometimes do silly things, we are kids- maybe we’re trying to be cool or maybe it’s a simple mistake. I’m trying my best to be safe.
- Do not be angry with me- be angry with them. Please listen when I try to explain.
- Help me sort the problem but don’t take my phone (device) off me. Don’t stop my fun.
- Be proud that I’ve told you my problem. If I can’t tell you I will have to go to Childline.
- Keep me safe from bad people and make me feel better when I’m scared.
A big thank you to the parents who came along.
One of our parents who attended the meeting commented:
I attended the E safety meeting today, I thought that it was amazing full of useful information tips and a massive eye opener to myself and other parents.
By far the best informative meeting I have attended and both my children and myself have benefited. Settings have been changed on all devices and a chat has taken place where all 3 of my children are aware and realise and understand the dangers.
Once again thank you for educating not only myself but my children too.