P.E. & Sports Premium
The vision of the Primary PE and Sports Premium is for all pupils leaving primary school to be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport. To achieve this objective we have invested the PE and Sports Premium to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport at Hare Street Community Primary School.
We have used the PE and Sports Premium to…
- This organisation supports Harlow schools to organise and deliver sporting opportunities for children across KS1 and KS2. A yearly events calendar is created covering a wide range of sporting activities to be completed at level 2. As a member of the HSSP we have access to and participate in these events.
- The HSSP also provides opportunities for our Gifted and Talented children to take part in sporting opportunities such as BMX Relays, Trampolining and Boccia.
- Through the HSSP we also provide children with regular opportunities to complete additional swimming lessons, free of charge to children wanting to take part. We run these sessions with our local swimming pool during half term holidays.
- As a member of HSSP we also have links with local clubs such as the Harlow Tennis Club which has previously offered children free coaching sessions.
- As a member of HSSP we also receive membership to the Youth Sports Trust.
Resources for PE and School Games.
- Regular audits are completed and resources ordered to support the delivery of PE and School Games.
- We have employed a sports coach to deliver a range of afterschool clubs. All children are welcome to join over the course of the year and will be involved in a range of sports including Tag Rugby, tennis, rounders and athletics. Children are also given additional coaching for any team events they may be entering through the HSSP competition calendar.
- Courses are available for staff to attend through HSSP. Most recently our PE Coordinator has attended a Youth Sports Trust course entitled The Power of an Active School which aimed to increase daily physical activity and therefore improve the physical social and emotional health and wellbeing of our children and improve their attainment and achievement.
Change 4 Life Club.
- Organised and delivered by our sports coach, children are given opportunities to become more active through or after school club, engaging with a range of sports and games while also learning about healthy lifestyles. Educational booklets supporting this area are ordered and used to deliver this unit of work.
- Year 5 and 6 children are encouraged to become lunch and break time Play Leaders, helping to organise school games and supporting our younger children to become active during play times.
- We employ staff to organise and deliver weekly sessions for our SEN children, providing further opportunities to develop fine and gross motor skills.
School Games Day
- Sports Day organised for the Summer Term, involving the School Council to allow children to voice their ideas for the day.
School Games Mark
- We currently hold the silver award and action plans are in place to achieve a gold award. The PE and Sports Premium allows our school to fulfil the School Games criteria to achieve this award while also providing resources and support for the PE Coordinator to monitor and oversee this process.
- Paying for the cost of travel or cover when taking children to Level 2 competitive events.
Swimming Targets for 2022-2023
Although swimming has been restricted for this academic year due to the coronavirus situation the schools targets for children are:
All children in Years 4 - 6 have swimming lessons throughout the year. Year 6 go in the Autumn Term, Year 5 In the Spring Term and Year 4 in the Summer Term.
- 85% of Year 6 children can swim competently, confidently & proficiently over 25m
- 80% of Year 6 children can use a range of strokes effectively
- 50% of Year 6 children can perform self rescue.